September 25, 2022

Rocky Daily News

Colorado Politics-Sports-Business-Weather

Nebraska child died from infection caused by brain-eating amoeba

1 min read

<

Health officials believe the child became infected while swimming Sunday in the Elkhorn River, a few miles west of Omaha.

OMAHA, Neb. — Federal health officials confirmed Friday that a Nebraska child died from a rare infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba after swimming in a river near Omaha.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the presence of the naegleria fowleri amoeba in the child, according to the Douglas County Department of Health in Omaha.

Health officials believe the child became infected while swimming Sunday in the Elkhorn River, a few miles west of Omaha. Authorities have not released the child’s name.



2022-08-19 10:57:15

All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. RockyDailyNews.Com is an independent Online News Aggregator


Read more from original source here…

Leave a Reply

Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.